Bar, Restaurant & Accommodation Manager
We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and highly self-motivated manager to run a family-owned public house, beside an award-winning Blue flag beach in the village of Westward Ho!
The venue has recently undergone major investment which has placed it as one of the leading public houses within the area, which attracts an all year round trade.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years proven managerial experience within the hospitality industry and will have the passion and drive to oversee the running of all aspects of the business and must hold a current personal license.
To apply please send your C.V to [email protected]
Closing Date: 22nd June
Job Title: Waterfront Bar, Restaurant & Accommodation Manager
Accountable to the Post Holder: General Manager (GM)
Responsible for: Front of House Staff, Cleaners, Kitchen Staff.
Reporting to: General Manager
Hours per week: 50 per week. Any 5 from 7 days
To assist the General Manager in the effective running of The Waterfront Inn. This includes the bar, restaurant, family games room, bed and breakfast accommodation, beer gardens and terraces and the function room.
You will be expected to maintain an exceptional standard of service across the whole venue, ensuring that cliental receive fantastic customer service and customer satisfaction at all times whilst at the venue.
- To assist the GM in the smooth running of the venue.
- To undertake any other duties as and when required by senior management.
- Support the GM in implementing procedures concerning stock movement and stock management.
- To be commercially aware in order to continuously drive the business forward.
- To be proactive in maximising sales and generating revenue.
- To input new ideas for service and products to maintain competitive and leading edge.
- Have a creative input in promoting and marketing the venue.
- Organise, manage and promote events.
- Oversee and manage functions
- To be an excellent and effective communicator with staff and clients.
- To be involved in the setting of company’s standard of service.
- Ensuring that the venue complies with all statutory and legal requirements.
- Communicate effectively with other management through various methods such as regular briefings/meetings and individual discussions.
- Provide outstanding customer service at all times and have excellent attention to detail with regards to maintaining customer satisfaction
- To take prompt action to resolve complaints from staff/cliental according to company policy.
- To recruit, train and supervise staff.
- To coach individual team members to develop their skills and maximise performance.
- To motivate and be proactive in encouraging team commitment and spirit.
- To delegate and manage the distribution of workload effectively.
- To give clear direction and guidelines to team members.
- To ensure the appearance of team members is according to the company’s standard of service.
- Assist in the resolution of performance problems as necessary and in line with the company policy.
- To ensure rotas and timesheets are completed accurately.
- To assist the GM in the control of payroll cost.
- To support the team during service including taking orders, running the bar and food delivery.
- To communicate effectively, co-operate and assist with other areas of the business at all levels when necessary.
- Ensure bar procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure accommodation is maintained to an exceptional standard.
- To oversee the monitoring of all outside areas to ensure they are maintained at all times in line with company policy. This includes the monitoring and checking of all outside play equipment and reporting any damage to the GM
- Ensuring high standards of cleanliness throughout the bar and kitchen areas.
Please note that this is not an exclusive list of duties and that it may be necessary to undertake additional duties.
- Legally able to serve alcohol.
- Willing to work nights, weekends, and bank holidays.
- Ability to work independently, as well as lead, manage, and motivate a team.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment and stay cool under pressure.
- Analytical skills and a solid understanding of business management practices and strategies.
- 3+ years of experience.
- Proven track record of providing excellent customer service.